June 28, 2012

Onavo Extend: A Handy Little App



One must have app for the Iphone as well as the Ipad (if you have 3g with your Ipad) is the Onavo Extend app.
To quote their own website:
"By compressing your data, Onavo Extend can increase the power of data plan by up to 500% -- giving you the ability to do up to five times more with your current data plan without any additional fees or hassles. In addition to extending your data plan, Onavo Extend also provides you with a breakdown of your data usage. With this information, you can see how much data is being consumed by each app and make better informed data usage choices."

Really? Wow! Believe it or not, this is the first time I have checked out their website. ;0)
I was fooling around the App store when I found it and thought I would give it a shot.

I downloaded the app,  let me tell you, I LOVE this app. 
My only problem with it, I had upgraded my data plan before I found the app, now I can't downgrade my data plan :o( 
Now I have too much data!! (wow never thought you'd hear that, like, ever!)

I don't see a significant difference in my surfing or game playing at all. 

I usually forget the app is even there until it pops up to tell ask me if I want to see my recent savings. And yes, there are savings, usually when I am playing Scramble or listening to IHeart. 

You can check it out for yourself here: Onavo Extend
I think you will find out this a definite must have app!
Let me know what you think.


No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...