December 3, 2014

Time to make the donuts...oh, no, wait.......

Thanksgiving holiday is over and it is time to get down to some serious knitting.
 I finally found some Raffia that I wanted to tie the cloths up with  on Ebay
KRAFT-SYNTHETIC-RAFFIA-Wraphia-RIBBON-100-Yard-Spool-TAN-FREESHIPPING-brown

I opted for the synthetic instead of the real thing because, let's face it, they are just going to be ripped off and thrown away. I think I will get more enjoyment out of how cute the little bows will be than anyone I give the baskets to.
I still need to find five of the perfect baskets for the cloths. I am trying to find little square baskets that will hold about four cloths rolled up.And then I need something cool and interesting to put my MIL towel and cloth set in.
I think I am pretty close to having enough cloths finished so I can start on the scarf for the ole man, a coaster set for my Aunt and  the wrist warmers to go with my Mom's set.
I don't know if I can finish all that and still have time to whip out a small box of cloths to take to my MIL's Christmas party this year for all of my SILs but I am going to give it one hell of a try.
I know I gripe, often and loud, about Christmas shopping before Thanksgiving but when you are doing all these gifts by hand, you really don't have much of a choice. So yeah! It's non-handmade presents I am against purchasing before Thanksgiving. ;0)

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...