February 17, 2012

The upside of all this mothy business

There is a good side to all this moth business!

I have found yarn I forgot I had.

Great wools and silks that had been hibernating in the bottom of that foot locker, some of it for almost a decade.

I have rewound over ten lace weight balls already, checking for breaks and chews and eggs and moth sign.

These moths must have been in there a long time ago, besides the five I have had to chunk, everything else, so far, has been ok.

Granted, I am not even a third of a third through pulling out bags of yarn to be rewound but I am feeling better about it. I assumed almost everything would end up getting chunked (literally) but things are starting to look up.

I am not sure if I am going to freeze the yarn or not. I haven't seen any eggs at all except in the balls that I already threw away. Maybe as I get closer to the bottom, the crime scene will get worse.

For right now, believe it or not, I am having a good time checking out all these "new again" yarns I have.

Of course my first instinct was to start shopping around to replace my lost yarn. But the more I think about it, the more I realize that is a dumb ass idea! I have plenty, and tho losing any of it sucks REALLY BAD, there is no reason to start 'filling the holes' so to speak. ;0)

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...