September 25, 2010

No Show Sock Pattern



 
This is more of a set of instructions than a full out pattern.
I really am starting to like the no show socks the kids are wearing today, but I have got to have my wool socks in the winter time, so WALA! I made one, out of my favorite sock yarn Regia Clown.
The instructions are very simple
Size 3 needles
Leftover sock yarn. I can get a regular sock out of one ball of yarn, and two of these out of the leftovers.
CO: 56 sts (or however many you normally CO for you size. A note, because the cuff is no very big, I would go down a st or two to make it a bit tighter around the ankle.
Join to knit in the round
K1,P1 for 4 rounds
Begin heel on 28 sts and your favorite heel pattern.
I used the slip one knit one for 21/4", on my heel, but I am thinking of trying a different kind of heel for the next pair.
When heel is turned and finished, pick up 14 sts each side for gusset.
Dec one row, Knit one row until 28 sts remain on the needles for the bottom of the foot.
Knit around until within one inch of desired length for foot.
I always do my toe decreases one inch from end and decrease every row, instead of the usual dec one row, knit one row. I think it makes a rounder toe.
Kitchner last 8 sts
Weave in ends
And there you have it. A great little sock!
I am going to try and do some for the younger Grandbrats, I guess I will have to tweek the pattern a bit.
I will get back to you on that.

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...