October 12, 2008

More Knitted Gifts!

This is the Tweety Pie Bib for Kendall's niece Tabitha.
This is her first baby and we were all excited when we found out it was a girl. She is due to make her appearance next month sometime. I never did get an exact date.
The pattern can be found here:
Down Cloverlaine
It's a pdf file so you must have adobe acrobat to get it. Look in the right hand side bar for the pattern. She has some great patterns on her website, when you get time you should check it out.




This bib is for my newest Grandson, due in December. His name is going to be Traedon. And yes, he is number five. This will be Tristan and Trin's little brother. I can't wait to see him!
He will get the matching cloth also, I just haven't done it up yet.
Pattern: Down Cloverlaine


This is the hat I made for my step father's father, Grandpa Al. He is the sweetest man.
I used the generic pattern from the knitting workshop and just improvised the design until it came out like I wanted. He lives in MO and stays in N.J. allot, so this is 100% wool.
A back scrubber and soap sweater set, this is for the Ole Man. He may have forced me to knit a damn scarf, but this year he is getting something extra, maybe he will decide next year, "Hey she can knit more than just scarves and I have sooooo many, maybe I will ask for something (anything) else this year!"
Think it will work?
Patterns: Soap Sweater
Back Scrubber:
This is by no means my idea, or a pattern I created. The basic idea came from
K1P1 Keeping You in Stitches
I cast on 3 sts and did a 9" icord, then I turned at the last row and CO 17 sts for a total of 20 sts.
I knit a seed st border for an inch then seed 4 sts, p3, k6,p3,seed4
On the next row, ws, seed 4 sts, k the knits and purl the purls.
I did the twist in the cable every eighth row.
I followed this for 16" then see for 1" then bo all but three sts, icord on those three sts for 9" and a three needle bind off to three BO sts from the other end. Sew on the first icord and wala!
I know this didn't make much sense, but it worked out for me.

I currently have OTN: a gown for Bella Marie, a pink blanket for Tab's baby girl and some coaster from Shirley's Knitting Knook yahoo group.
I will post pics of everything when I am finished with them all.


No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...