April 15, 2008

I have been knitting!

My order from Knitpicks came in.
The lovely, soft, crisp CotLin yarn that I ordered.
I promptly cast on for the towel in the front bathroom.
This yarn is great! It has the crisp feel of linen and the softness of cotton. If you can get that from one skein of yarn, really, it does. Go ahead and give it a try.
This is towel one of............. probably many.
This one was made with two skeins of the CotLin yarn from Knitpicks and size 6 needles. I had to smidge at the top of the pattern, honestly, two skeins are not enough to follow the pattern exactly. But that is ok, it came out great, and for a bigger towel, the next one will be knit with three skeins.
The pattern is the Moss Grid Handtowel pattern from the Mason Dixon knitting book. If you haven't seen this book yet, run, don't walk to a LYS, library, anywhere that you might be able to get your little hands on one.



Here is the same pattern with 4ply 100% cotton from Peaches & Creme on size 5 needles.
This would be a great kitchen towel, or bathroom hand towel. Mine.... bathroom of course.

Flying Geese Dishcloth done in P&C on size 6 needles.
In my opinion this is the best cloth for scrubability.



This is the Lacy Checks cloth, there are allot of patterns around the web for this one.
Just have a look around and I promise you will find it.



I have also completed
1.Dolly The Dolphin
2. Lighthouse
3.Fiesta
All the cloths were confiscated before I get pictures.

My hands have been very busy indeed.
I plan on finishing the 4ply hand towel in the next day or two, then starting another with the CotLin.
It's an obsession almost. Must...... knit....... handtowels......
yeah, it's weird.

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...