September 8, 2017

It's time to start gift knitting! All free lineup!

What better way to start the gift knitting fun than with the little things.
This cute little headband would be perfect for any girl on your list, from young to old.


Anything that has houndstooth in the name is a winner in my book. 
This would actually be cute in some crimson and white. 
Just sayin'
 


Go for big and chunky and fast last minute gifts like this 


My crafty gift giving has been surrounded lately by babies.
Once again I went Down Cloverlaine for my tried and true go to knitting pattern for gift giving.

Notice the date on that post? That's how long I have used her patterns for special babies in my life.
Countless babies on the Gulf Coast have spit and burped up on my creations! 
And her beautiful patterns! 
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/knittinfun 
Clicking on the picture will take you to my Ravelry page to see all my current WIPs 

I should have this one finished by tomorrow.
 Which gives me roughly three months to make a blanket, a hat, some booties a quilt and a rag quilt.
Yest I have gotten into sewing. 
It all started innocently enough. 
Brat #1 made cloth napkins, then she showed me cloth napkins, then she made me a set of cloth napkins, then I thought "what good does one set of cloth napkins do me if I want to truly go green. I need a set of 5 napkins for at least five days." and wala! a monster was born.
She does great work, but she has so many requests she rarely has time to make any for her Mom. (sigh)
Hence, the birth of a monster. Now I am looking at quilting patterns, baby blankets, bibs, burp cloths, you name it, I have looked it up.
So don't be surprised if you start to see some sewing going on in and around the knitting. 
THERE'S ALWAYS KNITTING. 
As in this monster:
 
This is my learning curve blanket. I am determined to pick instead of throw on this blanket from beginning to end. It is getting easier, tho still not good enough yet to be able to watch the Pats play football while knitting last night. 
Don't ask, sad, sad game.  


So, yeah, I know it's been two years, I will spare you the typical "Oh my! I didn't realize how long it's been since I last posted!" 
We all know the lie detector determined.................
that was a lie









 

 

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...