January 14, 2015

Stash Diving Pays Off

As soon as I had a spare moment yesterday, no small feat with kids and cleaning, I went stash diving. I have a military foot locker full of yarn. That seemed like the most logical place to start. 
Digging through that thing for about fifteen minutes, I came to the realization that I have a lot of different yarn, but not enough of any one kind of yarn. 
I really did go over board during the Great Stash Enhancement of 2011. I mean like, REALLY!
Luckily that is not the only place I have yarn stashed.  (really? did you think it was)
Unfortunately when we cleaned out the bedroom to make room for the new furniture some of my yarn I know I had was put somewhere that I can not find in my house. I searched every closet and open corner and could not find what I was looking for. 
Somewhere in my house is a full bag of Knit Picks Swish, which I think would be perfect for this sweater, but I'll be damned if I can find it.
But, tucked in the very dark corner of the very last closet I looked in, I found this!! 
 
I bought this yarn about three years ago when I got the grand idea that I was going to design myself a new sweater for work. Of course you see how far my ideas get sometimes.
But it all works out in the end doesn't it.

I didn't get a lot of time yesterday to work too much on this. 
I did however make a pretty good start with what little time I had.

On a funny note, after two solid months of linen stitch,everything, guess what the first two set up rows of this pattern are??? 
K1, sl1 wyif! I had to LOL while I was doing it.
Then, once again after two solid months of the linen stitch, it took a huge amount of concentration to switch over to k1,p1. 
My fingers kept slipping 1. 
After about two dozen rounds I finally worked the memory out of my fingers and the ribbing started flying by. 



I did manage to get a pretty good bit finished before bedtime last night. Once I untangled and retrained my fingers it went fairly smooth.



No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...