March 5, 2013

Hand Towel Pattern

BFF has asked me for this pattern a while back. So II thought I would share it here.
This is not my stitch pattern, just how I used it to make this towel.

Size 7 needles
100% dishcloth cotton

All right side rows: Knit across

CO 59 sts
R1: (wrong side) k3, p3, *k7, p3, repeat from * to last 3sts, k3
R2: (right side) Knit across
Repeat rows 1&2, 4x more
You should have 5 ridges in the k7 sections on the right side.

R11: K6, *p7, k3, repeat from * to last 3sts, k3
R12: K across
Repeat rows 11&12 2x more
You should have 3 ridges in the k3 sections on the right side

Repeat these 16 rows 8x more
Then repeat rows 1&2 5x more

BO on final right side row.

59 sts makes a towel about 14" wide.
For a smaller towel co 49 sts

For a cloth I co 39 sts and do 4 repeats then the first section again.



No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...