September 20, 2017

Have you tried arm knitting yet?

 My DD #1 has always been more of a tomboy. She was tougher than most boys her age, and had her Mama's mouth. 
So I was happily surprised to see her slowly become domesticated. 
Sewing cloth napkins and selling them to make extra money.
And apparently she's really good at it. (proud Mama voice)

No automatic alt text available.
 Then she decided that arm knitting would be a good family project her and the kids could do together during a night of t.v. watching. 
I never really took much notice of arm knitting, figured it was a fad that would fade pretty quickly. I mean like really?!? 
But she got so excited about it, I decided to give it a looksy. And now I have, yes! have to! knit one of these! 30 minutes! A whole, warm, snuggly blanket! You know I would have to try. 
So of course being a visual person, I started with YouTube and found a couple of good videos.
That would be me. I like the CO in this version.
Which led me to this video
A couple of tutorial videos
You can purl too
Needless to say, I can't start anything new while gift knitting season is upon me. 
But as soon as it is over I am going to try this whole arm knitting thing.


No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...