May 31, 2008

Lots of summer knitting

I have been obsessed with cotton knitting. Could be the 90 degree weather we are getting already, or maybe I just like cotton. Either way, here are some of the things that I have knit, that haven't went out the door yet.

Bella's skirtsicle. Knit with Bernat Handicrafter cotton on size 4.

The pattern is over at Ravelry, as far as I know, that's the only place it's available. Listed under Katherine Vaughan Designs. It is a great pattern, easy to follow, and it doesn't take too long to knit up either.

Here are all the hand towels and wash cloths that I have been whipping out. This isn't all that I have knit, just all the ones that didn't go out the door with the kids as soon as I got finished knitting them.






This is the hanging columns towel, without the hanging part. I just kept knitting the pattern until it was as long as I wanted it, I usually do 22" for my kitchen towels. Then did a border instead of the hanging tab. This is my favorite towel in the kitchen.

3 comments:

Mary Anne said...

I love all your cloths and towels! I too am a fan of cotton knitting. I like how you changed the columns towel to avoid the hanging bit, well done.

Aunt Kathy said...

Yeah I agree cotton is the way to go in the hot weather.

How does one get involved in commercial programming, what a cool job.

Cathy said...

I'm so glad you liked the pattern! happy knitting!
cathy

Knitting. On the beach. At sunset. In my boots. Picture intense

With Sissy B's blanket almost finished, it was a little too big to bring down to the beach and still keep it sand free. So I grabbed...