October 31, 2008

My first illusion cloth

I have always thought about giving the illusion cloths a try, and I finally put down all the gift knitting and with green and white cotton and size 5 needles and about an hours time, this is what I made.
It took me about half the cloth before I figured out how it worked. I tell you, I am impressed, this is the neatest thing.

Naturally I had to take it to work and show it off.
It was just as much fun watching everyone walk around it as it was to knit it.
I think I am going to make a matching red one next.
The pattern is over at Ravelry
The Illusion Tree Christmas Cloth
As far as I know, that is the only way to get it.

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...