August 25, 2008

If you ever need yarn fast.....

KPixie is the place to go.
I saw the Everlasting Bag Stopper and decided it was a pattern I HAD to do. Not later, after all of the Christmas knitting is done........NOW..... so off to Ravelry I went.
I always go there and look at all the different yarns used in a pattern I am thinking about knitting. It is the bestest place to get ideas on using up the stash, but, in this case, the stash wasn't holding the prize.
As I perused the different FO's I decided that the best yarn, for me, for this project, was going to be the Allhemp6 that the pattern called for. It just 'looked' right, and there were quite a few comments on the stretchability of the different yarns used.
Not knowing where to get the yarn, Ravelry, once again, came to my rescue and I clicked on a link for KPixie's website. I had never shopped there before, and here I was at 8 o'clock on a Saturday morning, in my bathrobe, a house full of people who had come here to ride out the storm, and I ordered the Allhemp6 and went on about my busy day.
Two hours later I get an email saying my purchased had shipped!!! Wow! I was so impressed I sent an email back, letting them know exactly how impressed I was.
This afternoon, with the mail, was a package from Kpixie, sitting on my doorstep when I got home from work! Now I am thoroughly impressed.
I don't think I have ever had such fast service from an online yarn store before.
So..., ladies and gents, when you need that yarn, and you can't wait to start that project, make sure you give KPixie a looksy and you just might get your yarn before the pattern fever wears off, or you find something else to occupy your fingers and forget what it was you wanted to knit with the yarn you just received.
Oh... and another plus, everything ships for a flat $5. USPS priority shipping!
They have won me over, have a look around, I think you will understand how I feel.

No comments:

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...