July 26, 2008

The BALL...


THE BALL...
This is all the leftover cotton, from dishcloths, bath cloths, dishtowels. All the cotton I have been using over the last few months. When I get finished knitting something, I take the scraps, tie it to the end of the ball and wind it up. I don't match colors, worry about what goes with what, just tie them together and wind them up.
Eventually this ball will become a blanket for Shilo , the German Shepherd, he has taken quite a liking to the handmade rugs, and I don't care for that, so he is getting his own blanket, sooner or later, when the cotton bug is out of me and I move on to something else.
I put the cone there just to give you a reference on how big this ball is getting to be.
It is all ww cotton, no double. Just allot of cloth knitting going on over here.

1 comment:

zekezac said...

I can't wait to see a picture of how this blanket will turn out - please post it. My terrier loves blankets and everytime I take one out he is on it before I get it unfolded.

Getting back in the groove

It's been so long since I have wanted to knit anything.  I knit so many socks when I started knitting back in '99 that I was comp...